hover animation preload

Crushed
by Denis Oakley in

I felt very rough this morning. I'd woken up in the middle of the night again with a sore throat and when I woke up at 0600 I felt like shit. I'd got to take a friend to the LCCT so a quick shower and into the car with a half drunk can of coke from yesterday yum.

The drive down was uneventful and I killed off my second coke before 0700. How well is the day going to go with this start. OK - I felt, still feel, really rough - but I'm pretty happy. Feel bad and being unhappy don't necessarily go together - it's something that we need to remember more.

Got home and I felt appalling - so got on the bike for a turbo session.

Just before I headed off to Nepal for the Everest Marathon I'd gone into KSH in TTDI for a Camelbak and on the off chance I asked if they had a 56 chain ring. They actually did - so I bought it - and it's its been sitting on the side for the last month.

Yesterday Wong at Bike Boutique fitted it for me (I now have a spare 55-42 with less than 500k on it if anyone is interested) and this morning I tried it out.

3 minute hard sessions followed by 90s of rest. The 55 chain ring was OK. The 56 is a lot harder. I had a bunch of spare gears and it's going to take some time before I have the strength to push the biggest. Which is kind of the point.

As I worked through the intervals the pain cave metaphor was brilliant - I saw myself cycling hard into it. Pushed myself to get further inside. An excellent session - but my legs need a lot of work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment