hover animation preload

Hill Run
by Denis Oakley in

I got woken up by the rain last night and didn't sleep much. Poor Shen slept even less and then I woke her up at 6 when my alarm went off. I gathered my running stuff and went downstairs and went to sleep on the sofa. Alarm went off again at 6.10 so I went back up and switched it off. Back don to the sofa for a bit more sleep. 06:30 opened eyes to see it getting light. Closed eyes. Thought 'shit'. And got up.
Few minutes later I as on the road doing some stretching. My arches felt a bit stiff and tender which was a first. I stretched until the GPS finally locked on and then slowly hobbled up the hill trying to work the stiffness out of my legs.
Pleasant running up the trail after the rain. Track was rough from all the stones washed don and I had a nice steady slow pace with my HR sensible. Got to the turn and discovered that they'd tarmacked part of the road :(. On the plus side there as no a dirt track that went all the way to the top of the hill. Tootled to the top feeling pretty relaxed.
On the way back I took it easy aware of the strain that I could be doing if I went down hill fast. Back to the gatehouse after about 28 minutes and 3km. Enjoyable

0 comments:

Post a Comment