hover animation preload

Rocky. Not
by Denis Oakley in

I went to Camp 5 this evening to do a bit of climbing whilst Shen did her eyebrows and some shopping (pay day). I'd planned to go home first and pick up my climbing stuff but life intervened and i ended up going in my trousers and Rocky T-shirt and hiring shoes and a chalk bag.

I was a little hesitant not having climbed for 5 or six weeks but my moves were nicely fluid. The lack of finger and arm strength was noticeable. Still I managed a nice traverse round to bit where I always fall off; a nice corner move but fell off 2 holds onto the overhang as my arms gave out. I then worked on the long wall and got 1/2 way along and by then I was drained. I sat and stared blankly at the wall before abandoning the pretence that I could do more. As I left one of the guys commented on my Rock T-shirt. Hah I though. No determination, stubborness or grit.

When I got home I realised it was a good t-shirt because tomorrow I'll try again, and the next day, and the next day and my form will slowly return

0 comments:

Post a Comment